[Duo2400] Re: Choice between Duo 2300c and 2400c

Paul Nelson artworks at victoria.tc.ca
Fri Dec 6 20:34:34 PST 2002

	My reasons for saying forget the 2400 is that it is a VERY
expensive high maintenance machine, which far outstrips his needs as he
describes them.  500's and Duos are machines you fix yourself, and sending
it off somewhere for a $200-300 each time.  With no other Powerbook before
this is this seriously proposed, and there ARE no businesses which
seriously repair ANY duo or any previously manufactured Powerbook.
	This is a touchy, high performance machine, to the best of my
knowledge, and proposing one aquires one for "play(ing) older games and
some light net usage" seems a little extreme to me, like suggesting a
beginning mechanic start by tuning a V-12 Jag motor, or tuning a 12-string
guitar.
Paul

At 4:42 PM -0500 12/6/02, Majid Charania wrote:
>Also, both the 540c and the 280c are not PPC, and the upgrades for them are
>hard to find and quite expensive for what they give you. RAM ceilings are
>far too low to support any recent version of IE or Netscape.  And the
>screens they both sport are miniscule to the point of uselessness.  Good
>luck surfing the net on an 8.4" or a 9" screen.

	And this is complete BS, IMNSHO.  The PPC is NOT asked for, or
required, and IE is crap and NN4.08 works just fine, thank you.  You paid
no attention to what the person is USING the machine for, and the 2300
display isn't that much larger than a 280C display.  If the person had
ASKED for a PPC, then I'd recommend a 3400, BTW.
Paul