Choice between Duo 2300c and 2400c

ELN/rlf9 rlf9 at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 8 07:32:47 PST 2002

>Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 20:34:34 -0800
>From: Paul Nelson <artworks at victoria.tc.ca>
>Subject: [Duo2400] Re: Choice between Duo 2300c and 2400c
>
>At 4:42 PM -0500 12/6/02, Majid Charania wrote:
>>Also, both the 540c and the 280c are not PPC, and the upgrades for them are
>>hard to find and quite expensive for what they give you. RAM ceilings are
>>far too low to support any recent version of IE or Netscape.  And the
>>screens they both sport are miniscule to the point of uselessness.  Good
>>luck surfing the net on an 8.4" or a 9" screen.
>
>	And this is complete BS, IMNSHO.  The PPC is NOT asked for, or
>required, and IE is crap and NN4.08 works just fine, thank you.  You paid
>no attention to what the person is USING the machine for, and the 2300
>display isn't that much larger than a 280C display.  If the person had
>ASKED for a PPC, then I'd recommend a 3400, BTW.
>Paul

My younger son went through several years of college on a 180c. When I
look at his old machine (now mine through the parental recapture
process!) it is hard to believe he surfed the net, wrote his papers, etc,
using that miniscule screen, but he did.

Aren't the original G3 (Kanga) 'books going for about the same as 3400's
nowadays?

Bob F