x86 emulator runs OS 8.1 on a truly compact maachine

ELN/rlf9 rlf9 at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 8 07:32:52 PST 2002

>From: Scott Holder <ncc1701 at mindspring.com>
>Subject: [Duo2400] Re: x86 emulator runs OS 8.1 on a truly compact
>  machine
>
>At 03:29 PM 12/7/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>>Apologies to all who think it heretical, but I thought this was pretty cool.
>>It's only a 68k emulator, but I think it might be a contender versus any 68k
>>Duo, at least for those who like to tinker.
>>
>>http://www.silverace.com/libretto/
>>
>>A friend of mine has a Libretto. It's about the size of a VHS tape. I think
>>the latest models are only available in Japan.
>>
>>Ed
>
>The Basilisk II emulator is great :) Runs on quite a few things, I use it a
>lot on my PC here. Now, if only I had a Libretto ;)
>
>Scott Holder

Leafing through a recent PCMall catalog last night I ran across the
Fujitsu LifeBook P2120 which looks like it's about our preferred
size/weight--though definitely not our preferred price range. But could a
PPC emulator work in that? How modern a System would work? Proc is a
933MHz Transmeta, RAM maxxes out at 384MB, ATI RAGE Mobility-M1 graphics,
can hold a second battery or DVD/CD-RW in bay, built-in modem, 10/100
ethernet, wireless option, huge GB HD's...

Bob F