[Duo2400] Re: Choice between 2400 and 2300

Andrew W. Hill jessicat at jmug.org
Sun Dec 8 21:53:09 PST 2002

>I've had the pleasure of using both, and I'll echo what others have
>already said:
>- both are nice small machines, but the 2300 is more easily toted
>around town (it's thinner and just a bit lighter)

Actually the 2300 is actually heavier.  It's a tiny bit thinner.  It
does seem quite a bit smaller though.

>- if you want something that resembles a more modern (ie, current)
>computer experience, the 2400 is the choice as it trumps the 2300 in
>processor, memory, video, HD, and ports.
>- the 2300 seems more 'vintage', however, if you are just doing
>basic tasks (eg, email, word processing, etc) then it is fine (ie
>typing  a document in MS Word is relatively the same whether you are
>on a SE/30 or a G3)

Keep in mind that ethernet on a 2300 is both expensive and a pain, or
sometimes a combination of the two.

Andrew
--
Fade far away, dissolve, and quite forget
What thou among the leaves hast never known,