Foreign language

Frank Cornew frank at mail.internet.com.mx
Fri Dec 13 11:40:58 PST 2002

All right. Seems that my below attempt to avert a flame war didn't
work. At any rate, it has been an amusing interchange so I'm not sure
that it could be classified as a flame 'war' per se, maybe a flame
'food fight'?

Anyhow... a few more comments...For those who have been flinging
stuff at the USA, please note that the original complaint comes from
a CANADIAN (xxx.ca) address. This in addition to the list's Canadian
origins. Furthermore, note that I'm based in Mexico (xxx.mx).
Finally, I would like to reiterate that the 'offending' posting seems
to be a chain letter, a form of semi-spam.

As commented on the list, babelfishing it does seem to churn out a
rather amusing result.

While Spanish may be a bit complicated for discussing computer issues
due to the use of Spanglish and variations in nomenclature from
different localizations, it is most excellent (especially the Mexican
version) for describing this type of absurdity. Regrettably, such
descriptions rely on barnyard humor, so I'm not going to share them
on the list, thus avoiding further excitement. Sorry Brandy.

Saludos de Mexico
F.