[Duo2400] Re: english english

ElBrio at aol.com ElBrio at aol.com
Fri Dec 13 14:01:31 PST 2002

In a message dated 12/13/02 9:56:38 AM, fyzycyst at comcast.net writes:

>ROFL!  I guess we could nominate that gentleman for an honorary Order of
>the Stereotypical American.  ;-)

Actually, many of the folks I deal with internationally tend to think that
the Brits are a bit more "aware' of race than most Americans.  Areas where
that is most obvious are Argentina (natch), parts of the Middle East, and
many of the Chinese "zones" near HK.  I have fun in Latin America when folks,
assuming I speak no Spanish, start talking about me.  Loads of fun to pull
out the Duo and start typing up a letter in Spanish.  Many folks tend to want
to look at the screen...and, as in Chuck's case, oftimes the looks are
priceless!  They DO get a kick out of my "southern spanish," tho.

Cheers!
Andrew