WTT: Duo 2300 with accessories for 5300 or 1400

Ted Man tmanullang at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 14 17:04:19 PST 2002

I am looking to trade my Duo 2300c with accessories
for a powerbook 5300 or 1400. The duo package
includes:

1. Duo 2300 - 28 Mb RAM, 1.1 Gb HD. Excellent
condition. Screen clear. Hinges secure. Keyboard
working well with no bad keys. Swapped out the
trackpad, and replaced with the top case and track
ball from a Duo 280, (so the upper left portion of the
top plate says "Duo 280.") I can include the trackpad
and 2300 top case, though some of the top cases
locking tabs have broken off. AC adapter included.
Dead battery, dead PRAM battery and non-functioning
modem.

2. Apple Duo Minidock - Excellent condition,
cosmetically and functionally.

3. Asante Ethernet-Localtalk bridge - This small
device allows one to connect a localtalk computer
(such as the Duo) to an ethernet network. You could
also connect a localtalk printer to the ethernet
network. AC adapter included.

4. Duo floppy drive with floppy adapter - This item is
currently being sent to me by another list member.
I was told that it was in excellent condition, but
I'll have to let you know when it arrives early next
week.

I estimated that the combined market value for the
above items to be in the low to mid 100's. That is
approximately the value of a good condition 5300. If
someone with a 1400 were interested in the Duo 2300c,
I would also be willing to throw in my 250 Mb External
SCSI Zip drive. The Zip drive is in excellent
condition, and comes with the SCSI cables, AC adapter
and a powerbook SCSI adapter. Or, I could also be
persuaded to include a small amount of cash in
addition to the Duo package, for an appropriately
equipped 5300/1400.

I'm most interested in a TRADE, but would be willing
to listen to other offers. Contact me off-list.

Thanks,

Ted

tmanullang at yahoo.com
Bellevue, WA 98004