ISP on canary islands/Spain ?

Thomas Rudolph Th.Rudolph at gmx.de
Sun Dec 15 09:23:23 PST 2002

Hello listers,

again, I'll be spending 2 weeks around X-mas with my 2300c (to make
this on topic) and my cell phone on La Palma, the most beautiful of
Canary islands.

I used to call my german mobile ISP with the cell-phone connected via
cable to the trusty 2300c. Works great, 9600 baud is enough for
e-mailing with some friends I never find the time normally. It's just
pretty expensive, the call is roamed by a spain telecom company that
my mobile logs into (Amena or Moviestar), and the charrrrrge a lot!

Is there any spain (or worldwide) mobile surfer that could recomment
a spanish ISP that offers some kind of "call by call"-internet
access, that I could use?

I figure that a normal (ground based, not mobile) call into the spain
phone-net would still be cheaper that the wierd thing I used to do.
Maybe I can even get a prepaid spanish card that works in my Nokia,
then I'm a spanish caller, which should be even less ...
Or any other hint, what I could do, would be welcome.

Gracias,
Thomas