Choice between Duo 2300c and 2400c

sir izaac sirizaac at rahul.net
Mon Dec 16 12:28:00 PST 2002

> Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 20:45:47 -0500
Subject: [Duo2400] Re: Choice between Duo 2300c and 2400c
From: Larry Friedman <larry.s.f at mindspring.com>

Hi there,

Another quick question for you. How does the 2400's screen match up
against the 2300's? I'm not referring to the size, but rather color quality and richness of saturation.

I would say both are just as acute. The saturation and color depth are very configurable by using the color calibration control panel.
During the warmer season (summer), I set the overall color hue to a cooler temperature (Kelvin). And in the winter I set the hue to a warmer temperature. I initially set my 2400c and Duo 2300c to the default calibration, but saw the overall saturation become flat.
I prefer the 2400c to the Duo 2300c for: its lighter weight, PCMCIA & cardbus capabilities, industrial design, processor upgrade flexibility, larger display, greater battery life, and increased ram capacity.
I still try to keep the Duo some what active by charging its batteries and running the maintenance on it. (Tech Tool Pro, Norton) Also, occaisioially going online and loading various Newton pkgs and sometimes the Newton Toolkit.
I hope this helps.

- sir izaac
mail Duo/2400 list