Duo 2300c HD on a PB 1400c ?

Dan K macdan at comcast.net
Tue Dec 17 12:49:53 PST 2002

and then he wrote:

>In a message dated 12/17/02 11:38:02 AM, larry.s.f at mindspring.com writes:
>
><< Another HD question. Will my 10 gig Powerbook G4 drive fit in my 2400?
>
>Thanks
>Larry >>
>
>if it's a thin enough hard drive, it will indeed fit without a problem.
>good luck
>Alan

As Alan infers above, the drive in a 2300 could possibly be a scsi
mechanism, which _will_not_ work inside a 1400. It's easy to discover
which sort of drive it is with Drive Setup. Launch DS and it will list
the devices and on which bus they can be found.

Of the IDE-bus-equipped PBs, the 2300, 5300, 190 (150 too?) and 3400 will
all accept 17mm or thinner drives, all other IDE-using PowerBooks can use
12.5mm or thinner drives. All iBooks are limited to 9.5mm max thickness
drives.

I've never seen a 17mm ATA drive with a capacity over 1.3GB, and I'm
quite certain a 10GB drive will be 12.5mm or 9.5mm thick.

hth,

Dan K