[Duo2400] Re: 96meg RAM chips for 2400

Philip Lord philip at namaikicycles.com
Sat Dec 21 00:34:34 PST 2002

Unfortunately It won't work like that. It's not as if I can to go to
one shop and buy twenty RAM modules at one time for a set price. A
place like that just won't exist. This means that the price may vary a
little, but I'm sure it'll be a lot cheaper than else were. I think
it'll be in the $250-$270 and shipping to the US will be about $10.

Every few weeks I will go to Akehabara and scour the second hand shops
in the hope that I can find the RAM modules. I've seen some new and
I've seen used ones too. The price will probably vary a little from
store to store depending on where I can get them. In the past year that
I have owned my 2400c I have only seen about three 96meg chips in total
so they are quite rare (but until now I really haven't been looking
hard).

This is how I hope it will work:

First in first served.
The list thus far is...
#1  Kalani Sanders
#2  Drew Johnson
#3  Larry Friedman
*If these people could contact me off list (philip at namaikicycles.com)
and confirm that they would like me to start looking.

Please don't expect anything soon. It will probably take some time to
find the RAM. I can not guarantee wether the RAM will be new or used
(with its scarcity, beggars can't be choosers), If the price is right
I'll just buy it.

I think the best way for me to receive payment is via my PayPal
account, I think that will be the most convenient for everyone
involved. If anyone has a better idea please let me know.

Once I find a RAM module I will contact the person at the top of the
list and ask for them to send me payment. There are no guarantees that
I can find ANYTHING so I will not ask for payment until I actually have
the RAM in my hands.

Does this sound like a good plan?

Phil