ADB power limit

Ivan Drucker ivanxqz at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 22 06:56:17 PST 2002

Hello,

Does anyone here know what is the max draw if using ADB for power? I have
a FireWire 2.5" enclosure I'd like to use with my 2400 without having to
supply wall power. It comes with a dongle for powering from a PS/2 (PC
keyboard) port, and I was thinking about chopping off the end and putting
an ADB plug on there instead. But I don't want to fry the computer, and
my Travelstar in the enclosure claims to draw 700 mA. Does anyone have
any idea as to whether this is a safe idea?

Thanks,
Ivan.