Duo 230 HD problem

Judy & David Morris djmorris at lks.net
Thu Dec 26 13:18:26 PST 2002

Recently one of my Duo 230s died. When I was trying to network it
(via printer port) with another 230 it started up, showed the Happy
Mac, blinked and showed the Floppy icon with an 'X', no system folder
found.

I put it into the DuoDock, which has a 250mb HD, and tried to mount
it with Drive Setup 1.7.3 which says:
"The large volume connected to your computer cannot be used because a
68040 or PowerPC CPU is required for volume sizes larger than 4
gigabytes."
It has a 770mb HD.

If I format the drive the format lasts only when the Dock is on.
Shutdown, restart and the Duo's HD is missing again. It was working
fine for a few months.

Any ideas? Can it be fixed?

David [Digest Mode]

PS - I was without an ISP during the last week of Nov. and joined
another ISP. Hence my new email address.