[Duo2400] PNY Smartmedia reader

Ralph Mawyer mac2400 at satx.rr.com
Fri Dec 27 20:39:57 PST 2002

Uhhh...OS?

All other PC cards work, e.g., Ethernet, USB, Firewire?

Looks like it requires specific drivers here:
http://www.pny.com/home/techsupport/drivers.cfm
Might check that out....

>Guys,
>Just got a PCMCIA smartmedia reader for Xmas.  its the 4-in-1
>variety, made by PNY.  Says itll work in all PCMCIA capable laptops,
>printers and projectors.
>Plug it into my Cardbussed 2400/180 80/4 and it crashes.  If I boot
>with it in it ejects.  I've tried it with the SM card inserted when
>I plugged in the PC card and the other way around as well.
>Ideas?
>Aqua

Ralph Mawyer, Jr.
San Antonio, Texas

Associate Editor
mac2400 ... http://www.sineware.com/mac2400
Your PowerBook 2400 Reference Site
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 1759.