Glod on 2400

Donald McCaig McCaig at va.tds.net
Wed Apr 2 05:10:44 PST 2003

Dear Gurus,
	Mr. Davis wrote: "DTT , Brian, says he is 99% sure it is the I/O
board. I assume this
is the same power I/O board others have had replaced. He says $150
and i should be up and running."

	I've torn my 2400 down once and sent it twice to DT&T for an I/O
board and a CPU repair. Their prices were reasonable and their turnaround
speed was remarkable - both times I had my 2400 back within ten days.
	When people talk blithly about upgrading to OSX or complain about
the cost of fixing an older (but otherwise satisfactory) machine, I shudder.
	If I sell my 2400/240 instead of getting it repaired and buy one of
the new PB G4's, I lose 7.6.1, 8.6 and all the apps specific to them. I
must upgrade, load and tweak all my apps: hundreds of dollars and days of
my time adjusting a tool instead of using it to make my living. Send it to
DT&T.
						Donald McCaig