[Duo2400] We're now officially OBSOLETE (or Vintage)

Eric L. Strobel fyzycyst at comcast.net
Wed Apr 2 10:41:49 PST 2003

on 04/02/03 1:33 PM, Eric L. Strobel at fyzycyst at comcast.net wrote:

> See the link below.  Basically, Apple's updated their obsolete/vintage
> hardware list.  The 2400c is now considered "vintage", with a few
> exceptions, no more hardware service (was Apple even doing any??).  The Duos
> (all the 2x0 series) are now "obsolete", no service - no exceptions, plus
> service techs cannot order any parts.  Interestingly, the 2300 isn't
> mentioned.
>
> http://www.applelinks.com/articles/2003/04/20030402122726.shtml

Just to follow up, the Apple website has a slightly different story, so I'm
sure the Applelinks article may just have had transcription errors.  Along
with the 2400c on the 'vintage' list are the 280c and the 2300c (and the Duo
Dock Plus).  On the 'obsolete' list are ALL the 2x0-series, so obviously the
280c is both 'vintage' and 'obsolete'. ;-)  Also on the 'obsolete' list are
the Duo Dock, Duo Dock II, and Duo MiniDock.

- Eric.

--

Eric Strobel (fyzycyst at NOSPAM^mailaps.org)