[Duo2400] Dock differences,Duo RAM, what OS?

Philip Mrozinski mstudio at mhtc.net
Sat Apr 5 05:29:38 PST 2003

> What are the subtle/profound differences between the Duo Dock and the
> Duo
> Dock II?

In my mind, the two biggest differences are that the II will/should
have ethernet built in and the top is the newer one that will accept
the color Duos, although the original Dock can be upgraded. The
original top has lines in it and I've never seen one with a door/flap.
The II has a smooth top with a door/flap. Many, if not all, of the IIs
had an internal hard drive installed, also. The II was replaced with a
Plus. The II also had an FPU built in, I believe it was an option with
the Plus as was the internal drive. I may have missed a few things, but
I think I'm close.

> What is the most RAM you can put in a Duo 2300c?  What is the
> preferable OS
> to run in a Duo 2300c?

56, some models came with 8 and some with 20. There is one upgrade slot
available. I'm running 9.1 with no problems. I upgraded from 8.1 that
was also nice and stable.
Hope this helps.
- Phil