[Duo2400] Re: Dock differences,Duo RAM, what OS?

Milton Lukins Milton at MiltonLukins.com
Sat Apr 5 12:08:02 PST 2003

on 4/5/03 8:29 AM, Philip Mrozinski at mstudio at mhtc.net wrote:

>> What are the subtle/profound differences between the Duo Dock and the
>> Duo
>> Dock II?
>
> In my mind, the two biggest differences are that the II will/should
> have ethernet built in and the top is the newer one that will accept
> the color Duos, although the original Dock can be upgraded. The
> original top has lines in it and I've never seen one with a door/flap.
> The II has a smooth top with a door/flap. Many, if not all, of the IIs
> had an internal hard drive installed, also. The II was replaced with a
> Plus. The II also had an FPU built in, I believe it was an option with
> the Plus as was the internal drive. I may have missed a few things, but
> I think I'm close.
>

>> What is the most RAM you can put in a Duo 2300c?  What is the
>> preferable OS
>> to run in a Duo 2300c?
>
> 56, some models came with 8 and some with 20. There is one upgrade slot
> available. I'm running 9.1 with no problems. I upgraded from 8.1 that
> was also nice and stable.
> Hope this helps.
> - Phil

I have 40 MB RAM now.  Is it worth the effort to go to 56?  Is RAM in simms
pairs (16+16=32+8 on motherboard=40) like my 6100/66?  As far as the
Docks--- what is the difference in VRAM?

> <DuoList-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <DuoList-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>

> Dr. Bott  | 10/100 Ethernet for your 2400 is finally here!
> MPC-100   | <http://www.drbott.com/prod/mpc100.html>

> Midwest Mac Parts  ][  <http://www.midwestmac.com>
> After-market parts  for Macs.   ][  888-356-1104 ][

Milton Lukins
703-869-1421