[Duo2400] Re: [OT]: Things just Macs can do...;-)

Clark Martin cmmac at sonic.net
Tue Apr 8 00:33:25 PDT 2003

At 1:55 AM -0300 4/8/2003, Marcelus G. Zalotti wrote:
>on 4/5/03 4:04 PM, Scott Holder at ncc1701 at mindspring.com wrote:
>
>>  My LC worked, but LCs apparently don't work with VGA
>>  adapters and I don't have space for just a monitor for it.
>

>Are you saying that LC Macs don't work with VGA adapters? Well, I've used a
>Sony17sfII "PC" monitor on my LCIII via VGA adapter without any kind of
>problem...

LC and LC III have different video.  The LC has video capabilities
like the Mac II, IIci and IIsi.  They can drive 640x480 and some
variants but not 800x600 or 832x624.   They are also Sync-On-Green
which is usually the gotcha for using VGA output (unless the
particular monitor can take Sync-On-Green which a few can.
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA