[Duo2400] Re: HD question

Mike Holliday mike.holliday1 at ntlworld.com
Tue Apr 8 13:12:10 PDT 2003

The hard drive from a 6100 is a standard 3.5" SCSI, so it will fit into a
dock; most of the docks I've seen don't have the mounting hardware or leads
included, though.
I've just had a look and it seems that the hard drive carrier from the LC
series, part no 805-0980, is the one that fits. You'll also need to remove
the terminator that's plugged in to the internal SCSI connector in the dock
and put a SCSI cable in to the drive, and fit a power supply lead. Again.
this looks like the one on the LC (it has a square connector that fits onto
the motherboard and the standard one with four pins in line for the hard
disk), but it's a good bit longer, so you'd have to extend it.
If you're in the UK and need them I have a hard drive carrier and power lead
that I took from an old LC, and I'd be happy to let you have them for the
cost of postage - I suspect if you're not your best bet would be to find an
old LC (they can't cost much these days!) and take the parts from it.
Mike