FW: [Duo2400] Re: HD question/camera

Milton Lukins Milton at MiltonLukins.com
Tue Apr 8 19:48:45 PDT 2003

I was thinking of pulling the HD out of the 6100 (OS 8.6) and putting it in
a Duo Dock.  I have two Docks working, both have hard drives.  Then I could
pull the things I want from it onto the 2300c (OS 8.1).  Is this a good
idea?

Bought a Sony DSC-F1 Digital Still Camera today at the Goodwill for $3.  It
works!  No manual or software, just a USB to 9 pin (female) cable and a
video cable.  Any way to make this work with a Duo/Dock or 7200?
--
Milton Lukins
703-869-1421

----------
From: Paul Nelson <artworks at victoria.tc.ca>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 14:51:51 -0700
To: "Duo/2400 List" <DuoList at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
Subject: [Duo2400] Re: HD question

>Will the hard drive that came in a Power Mac 6100/66 fit in a Duo 2300c?

No powerbook will fit a 3.5" hard drive.  2300 takes 2.5" SCSI or IDE.

In
>a Duo Dock?

Yes, and any 3.5" half height or 1/3 height SCSI hard drive will fit, as
long as you have the sled and two cables to do it with.
Paul

To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to
<DuoList-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
Need help from a real person? Try.
<DuoList-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>

Dr. Bott  | 10/100 Ethernet for your 2400 is finally here!
MPC-100   | <http://www.drbott.com/prod/mpc100.html>

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>

Midwest Mac Parts  ][  <http://www.midwestmac.com>
After-market parts  for Macs.   ][  888-356-1104 ][