[Duo2400] Re: [OT]: Things just Macs can do...;-)

Eric L. Strobel fyzycyst at comcast.net
Wed Apr 9 06:35:10 PDT 2003

on 04/08/03 3:33 AM, Clark Martin at cmmac at sonic.net wrote:

>>> My LC worked, but LCs apparently don't work with VGA
>>> adapters and I don't have space for just a monitor for it.
>>

>> Are you saying that LC Macs don't work with VGA adapters? Well, I've used a
>> Sony17sfII "PC" monitor on my LCIII via VGA adapter without any kind of
>> problem...
>

> LC and LC III have different video.  The LC has video capabilities
> like the Mac II, IIci and IIsi.  They can drive 640x480 and some
> variants but not 800x600 or 832x624.   They are also Sync-On-Green
> which is usually the gotcha for using VGA output (unless the
> particular monitor can take Sync-On-Green which a few can.

I don't know if you can still get them, but there are adapters that handle
that whole sync-on-green thing.  Try in the back of MacWorld magazine or
perhaps on eBay.  However, probably the best choice is one of the NEC
adapters that would make a 15" MultiSync look like a fixed resolution (say
800x600) to the IIci-era video.

- Eric.
--

Eric Strobel (fyzycyst at NOSPAM^mailaps.org)