2400 <-> Palm V: SW missing

Parkblue at gmx.net Parkblue at gmx.net
Sat Apr 12 06:18:37 PDT 2003

Thanks for your input everyone!

I found out that several things are missing to IR sync: on my 2400 the whole
IrDA-bundle (that should be easy to install from the OS-installer), from the
Palm-side I´m missing the files that will show IR-syncing, and of course
can't find them on the Hotsync menu.

Since I run 8.6 on my 2400 I can't install Palm 4.0 DT software, and Palm
2.6.3 doesn't have the necessary bits and pieces (MacWorld 2000: "The
secret to pulling this off is to install a handful of special
infrared-enabling files that aren't part of the standard Palm MacPac 2
package. If you have the MacPac 2 CD, you'll find the files in the Palm
Extras folder. Otherwise, you can download the Palm Extras folder from
http://www.palm.com/custsupp/downloads/macpacdl.html [page doesn't exist
anymore, can't locate files either - t.] The files you need are in a folder
called IrDA Files inside the Palm Extras folder."

If anyone on the list has those Palm files would you mind sending them over?

Many thanks,
-tobias.