continue to need help w/2400

David Price dprice145 at cox.net
Sun Apr 13 20:29:17 PDT 2003

I am simply trying to WP with this 180/48 running 8.6. Its
performance is so slow that it hesitates when I click on a folder.
When typing the letters also hesitate before appearing on the
desktop. so frustrating when writing.

I have examined keyboard control panel and made sure this is not the problem.

The main issue is everything is so slow on this pb. And this is with
apple talk off, file sharing off, no internet, no other applications
running, except Nisus 3.0. What is wrong with this machine? I have
done a clean install of 8.6 to no avail.

the only hardware issue that i am aware of is: the trackbutton is
broken, but i can't imagine it would interfere with the performance.
In fact, I have turned it off, but oddly enough it continues to work.

I used to have a 1400 with 36 mg ram that would run circles around
this machine.

any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I want to use this
pb so badly!

Thanks.