[Duo2400] MY 2400 LIVES BUT I NEED TECH SUPPORT HELP!!!!! PLEASE READ THIS!!!

Ralph Mawyer mac2400 at satx.rr.com
Thu Apr 17 20:50:51 PDT 2003

Paul, as far as I know there was only one maker of the 96MB DIMMs.  I
have had problems with OS 9 running 112MB.  I gave up sorting it out
long ago as I live in OS 8.6, but I was able to pretty much narrow it
down to the memory module I had.  Given the nature of the 96MB DIMMs
as low  volume items I suppose it's not unreasonable to assume they
might not have been tested to the same level that most memory modules
are.

Then again...just conjecture on my part.

>Update 04-16-03:
>
>  The computer seemed to give some kind of memory
>error when the card was in as the bomb showed up.  The
>computer only read 80mb out of 112 mb the one time I
>got it to work with the card in.
>
>WELL?  WHAT DO YOU THINK????
>I think my 2400 may still have some life in it!
>
>Feedback is necessary and appreciated,
>Paul

Ralph Mawyer, Jr.
San Antonio, Texas

Associate Editor
mac2400 ... http://www.sineware.com/mac2400
Your PowerBook 2400 Reference Site
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 1759.