[Duo2400] Re: Intro with question

Eric L. Strobel fyzycyst at comcast.net
Sat Apr 19 20:46:22 PDT 2003

somewhere near the temporal coordinates of 4/19/03 12:58 PM, the entity
known as Milton Lukins transmitted the following from
Milton at MiltonLukins.com:

> I think I can live with the small (not the 1.1 GB) hard drive in my 2300c 40
> MB OS 8.1 if I can get a bigger (than the 500 MB I have) hard drive into my
> Duo Dock II.  What should I be looking for?  Should I look in other places
> besides ebay?  Can you elaborate further on OS 8.1 updates, CarbonLib, etc.?

I'd think that any old SCSI HD would do.  Check on dealmac.com or flip
through the back of MacWorld magazine.

For 8.1 updates:  http://www.versiontracker.com/systems/system8.shtml

I don't recall exactly, but I think that CarbonLib 1.0.4 is the version that
I remember was supposed to work with OS 8.1.  I don't recall if any later
versions work.  And really, unless you're going to load software that says
it's specifically for OS 9 (or "OS 8.6 or later"), you really don't need it.

- Eric.
--

Eric Strobel (fyzycyst at NOSPAM^mailaps.org)