[Duo2400] Re: STILL NEED TECH SUPPORT HELP!!!!! PLEASE READ THIS!!! (memory problem)

Ralph Mawyer mac2400 at satx.rr.com
Sat Apr 19 22:23:43 PDT 2003

Given the problem I had with OS 9.x and my 96MB module, I'd go back
to baselines.

Install OS 8.6 internal or otherwise and boot from that with
extensions off...using either module.  Then swap modules, then turn
on extensions, etc.  Work your way up from the bottom...tedious, but
complete.

Wish you had the original 64MB to try this with.  A bad slot is
certainly a possibility, but I don't remember it occurring in the
history of the DuoList.  You could be the first. ;-)

Onward through the fog...

Oh yeah, want to sell me your bad 96MB DIMM for $25? ;-)

>Ralph,
>
>Thanks for the reply.  I'm running 9.0.4.  I had a
>96mb memory module that worked until one day when I
>thought I had therma shutdown and consequently a
>reboot "freeze" at the happy mac when I thout it was
>checking the memory.  The 64mb memory card was from
>DMS..unfortunately I don't have any access to another
>2400 to check.
>
>I'n desparation I may try to reload OS 9 from an
>external scsi disk but won't I still have a memory
>error?  This wouldn't be the cpu causing the problm
>would it?
>
>Paul

Ralph Mawyer, Jr.
San Antonio, Texas

Associate Editor
mac2400 ... http://www.sineware.com/mac2400
Your PowerBook 2400 Reference Site
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 1759.