duo 230 sticky keyboard

Greg M pailface88 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 20 21:59:20 PDT 2003

> Would coating any of these parts with graphite powder do anything
> beneficial, or introduce a possibly troublesome substance into the
> workings?
>
> Bill

I have tried powdered graphite and it helped slightly, but I too was
concerned about the electrically conductive powder getting into the
wrong places. What I finally discovered that works and works very well
is a microscopically thin film of silicone sealant (bath tub caulk).
Wipe it on the plastic key shaft and hole and all other friction
surfaces, then wipe it off VERY thoroughly. It will be dry and slick
and last a very long time. The electrical contacts on the membrane can
be cleaned with alcohol. The rubbery conductive donuts on the rubber
sheet may or may not need to be cleaned. I found that an abrasive was
the only way to get them to provide a low enough electrical resistance
on at least one duo keyboard I had.
Greg