[Duo2400] Re: Will this power adapter work with a Duo 230?

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Sun Apr 27 12:07:25 PDT 2003

on 4/27/03 6:47 PM, Small Moose Ltd at small_moose_ltd at mac.com wrote:

> Well, I've had a look at a picture of it, and the plug appears to be the
> correct type to fit the Duo. The only thing I'm wondering is that I've
> previously tried an iBook power adapter on the Duo, and while it worked, it
> gave a pretty serious ghosting effect  on the Duo's screen. When docked in
> the Duo Dock everything is fine as the video is being shown through the
> Apple 14" monitor.

The Duos,1400, 3400, 190, Kanga, whole G3 series and iBooks all share the
same plug and voltage. Their wattage ratings vary for the power supplies,
but in my experience, (the whole Duo range, 1400, G3 Firewire) they all work
no problem with each other.

> I was just wondering if the iBooks adaptor (original clamshell type) was
> putting too much juice through the Duo and causing this ghosting effect, or
> if I would experience the same thing when I use the correct adaptor for it.
> I find it hard to imagine that would be the case, as really this Duo (and
> the Dock) are in mint condition. Not a scratch on the Duo cosmetically. And
> to think it was going to have a brick put through it before being thrown on
> the skip!

I've used both my 1400 and my Pismo power supplies (Pismo uses the same
adapter as the iBook--the UFO/yo-yo adapter) and had no problems with either
my Duo 230, 280 or 2300. I've never experienced any "ghosting" or other
visual effects. :-) Other than the fact that the 230 has that nasty
greyscale screen that always has problems when it's not in B&W mode. :-)
--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders
itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." --John
Adams

Sent using the Entourage X Test Drive.