[Duo2400] Re: Will this power adapter work with a Duo 230?

Clark Martin cmmac at sonic.net
Sun Apr 27 12:25:44 PDT 2003

At 9:07 PM +0200 4/27/2003, Jon Glass wrote:
>on 4/27/03 6:47 PM, Small Moose Ltd at small_moose_ltd at mac.com wrote:
>
>>  Well, I've had a look at a picture of it, and the plug appears to be the
>>  correct type to fit the Duo. The only thing I'm wondering is that I've
>>  previously tried an iBook power adapter on the Duo, and while it worked, it
>>  gave a pretty serious ghosting effect  on the Duo's screen. When docked in
>>  the Duo Dock everything is fine as the video is being shown through the
>>  Apple 14" monitor.

If the only time you've used the Duos built in screen is on the iBook
adapter then you are probably just seeing the passive matrix screen
in inaction.

>The Duos,1400, 3400, 190, Kanga, whole G3 series and iBooks all share the
>same plug and voltage. Their wattage ratings vary for the power supplies,
>but in my experience, (the whole Duo range, 1400, G3 Firewire) they all work
>no problem with each other.

The 190 uses the same coax connector as the 5300 and is incompatible
with the others.

The early iBooks (the toilet seat model) use the same connector as
the Duos, 1400, 3400, Kanga and G3 series.  Later models use a
similar style connector but it is smaller in diameter.

--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA