Will this power adapter work with a Duo 230?

Dan K macdan at comcast.net
Sun Apr 27 13:43:35 PDT 2003

Matt wrote:
>I've found a guy selling an Apple Powerbook 45w power adapter Model M3037
>(APS-76) DC out 24v 1.88a
>
>He claims it will work with all Powerbooks raging from the 190 to 3400.
>Will it work with a Duo 230? It may sound silly after what he's said, but on
>my technical information sheet, it says the Duo uses an AC100-240v at 1.0A
----------------------------
><http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2723352266>

damn, I came across this thread just 5 minutes before this auction's end
. . .

I fired off a quick note to Matt, but did he get it before he bid?
Hopefully . . .
from <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=16168>

M3037
"AC adapter for Macintosh PowerBook 5300 and 190 series computers"

It therefore is _NOT_ compatible with the Duo series.

Hopefully Matt isn't the 'winner', but if he is I'd suggest he contact
the seller and point out it won't work in PB models such as 3400, and Duo.

Dan K