96 meg module from Desktop memory off eBay

Scott's Lists lists at detwiler.us
Wed Aug 6 15:33:39 PDT 2003

on 08/06/03 8:07 AM, Duo/2400 List at DuoList at lists.themacintoshguy.com
wrote:

>> Brian
>> Thanks for your response.
>> To me they two look identical...they say Vintage Computer...V10121 Rev
>> A...they are each comprised of 6, not 4 black rectangles, (as the sellers'
>> picture on ebay had 4) the black rectangles on each module have
>> some common
>> numbers...
>> Toshiba ...B57869
>> 9838KBD
>> TC5165165FTS-50..
>> Do these number sound familiar?
>> Thanks for your help
>> Tom
>>
> A web search produced a page in Japanese that gave the chips as 4Mbit X 16
> (8Mbyte) multiply by 6 and you get 48MB !! so the 2 modules together add up
> to 96MB but I am sure that that is not what you wanted.
> Ben.

I just installed mine from the eBay guy, Desktop Sales, and....it works!

Mine was Vintage, etc, just as desribed. The key feature on mine is that
there are 6 black rectangles on EACH side, for a total of 12, which gives us
the required 96 MB.

The module is physically half-again longer than the 64 and 48 modules I've
had, in order to add the 2 + 2 = 4 additional RAM chips, apparently. But
there is room for it in the 'book.

As long as you have those rectangles on both sides, sounds to me like you
got two for the price of one after all.

Scott