Orinoco v. Global Village

tom bonacci bonacci at ascend.com
Thu Aug 7 12:57:09 PDT 2003

I've seemingly got a problem with interaction between an Orinoco 802.11b
wireless card and a Global Village modem/ethernet card in a PB2400 running
OS 8.6.  If the Mac is booted with both cards inserted, the Orinoco card
cannot be selected for AppleTalk or IP.  The Orinoco control panel says that
"no card is inserted or the driver is not present."  The GV card works
correctly.  If I boot with just the Orinoco card inserted and the GV card
removed, the Orinoco card will then work correctly for both AppleTalk and IP.

Does anyone have an idea why the Orinoco card will not work when both cards
are present at boot time?

regards,
-tom