[Duo2400] Re: Duo 280c/PPC OS?

Gregg Eshelman g_alan_e at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 15 23:06:33 PDT 2003

--- Larry <larry.s.f at mindspring.com> wrote:
> I just picked up a 270c (with the PPC upgrade) and I
> replaced the
> cracked screen with the one from my dead 280c. Is it
> better to run 8.1
> or 7.6? I don't require a specific OS on this
> machine, but which OS
> will run faster with the PPC chip?

Can it still be switched to 68k mode? If not, try
PPC only installs of both systems and see which
feels faster to you.

If it can still run in 68k mode, do FAT installs.
(But remember that an 030 can't run 8.1 without a
hack like Wish I Were.)

=====
"When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins." Hiro Protagonist