2400: control strip puzzler

Donald McCaig McCaig at va.tds.net
Mon Aug 18 01:38:42 PDT 2003

Dear Gurus,
	I'm running a 2400/240/112/40GB with a segmented hd. Runs fine on
7.6.1 but I'm having problems with the control strip on 8.6 and 9.1.
	In brief, on shutdown, when the Control Strip extension is enabled:
2400 freezes or a message comes up error type 10 Control Strip extention
(restart) which then freezes.
	Conflict Catcher warns that the CS Extension  is "Using more memory
in the system heap at startup than it has requested."
	The CS control panel is an 8.5 app requesting 64 KB of memory. I've
increased that to 200 and locked it. For a while that seems to help.
	I've run Norton, Disc Warrior and Conflict catcher without learning
anything.
	I've trashed the CS prefs, extension and Control panel and replaced
them with new. Nope.
	I am running shareware on the CS: Jeremy Kezers CSMs: temp,
appletalk, battery as well as a little timer, calender and clock. No apple
CSM's.
	I've pulled all the shareware apps off the CS but the problem persists.
	Any suggestions?
						Donald McCaig

Yucatec Farm
Williamsville, Virginia 24487