did a baaaaad thing

Dan K macdan at comcast.net
Tue Aug 19 07:16:49 PDT 2003

I gotta preface these comments with -> I have _NO_ hands-on experience
with PBs 2400. Zero. Nada. None. Zip.

However the thought occurs that since larger ram modules almost always
mean higher power consumption _AND_ these 'Books seem to be known for
rather shaky internal power supply bits, is it possible that adding the
larger capacity ram module simply overloaded something
power-supply-related? Something that was perhaps marginal anyway?

In other words, maybe Stefan didn't do a 'baaaad thing' except upgrade,
but rather the poor old 'Book simply got (over)loaded with the final
straw(s) which broke its back.

IIRC, he added a new HD at the same time, but since newer HDs usually are
more frugal with power than older drives, I doubt the new HD would be a
suspect in this conjectured PS-bits-failure scenario.

just my $.005,

Dan K

http://macdan.n3.net/
carracho://dankephoto.dhs.org:9700