Duos and PC Cards

Dan K macdan at comcast.net
Tue Aug 26 18:21:50 PDT 2003

Larry <larry.s.f at mindspring.com> wrote:
>Is there any way to use PC Cards (PMICIA) with the Duos? Either with
>SCSI adapter (via SCSI Dock) or via the Serial Port.
Yes, yes and no.

What sort of card do you wish to use? SCSI PC card readers can generally
handle most storage devices, but anything else would probably require the
SpecialSCSI-PCcardReaderDriver. Those can be found in the Unobtainium
Dept. right alongside the bins of PCMCIA USB cards.

And now please step over into the 'NOT AT ALL WHAT I ASKED' department:
I think it technically _should_ be possible to hack a PC card slot onto a
2300's ATA bus, but again drivers (lack thereof actually) would probably
be the tripup. I recall one mad-Mac devising a flashcard adapter for a
PB150, with a little device to load some boot code or something to allow
the thing to boot from the flashcard. I only mention this because 1)
flashcard is essentially PCMCIA interface, and B) PBs 150 and 2300 use a
very similar (identical?) ATA controller.

Did any of that help _AT_ALL_??  <G>

Dan K (craving WiFi w/his spiffy 2300 but sure he will _never_ get it)

http://macdan.n3.net/
carracho://dankephoto.dhs.org:9700
hotline://dankephoto.dhs.org:9500