[Duo2400] Re: Glod survey

Nicole kludgrrl at sympatico.ca
Thu Aug 28 09:12:56 PDT 2003

>I thought I'd expand the survey. For those who have had it happen,
>do you have any theories on why (excess sleep, plugging/unplugging
>the power supply while on, etc.) it happened? Has anyone had it
>happen after DT&T replaced the IO Board? Obviously those new to the
>2400 wouldn't really know.

Mine was a completely standard 2400 -- the only upgrade was RAM, and
that was at purchase (back in 98).

It glodded after about three years heavy use as my main computer,
initially always going down when I was on the internet (making me
wonder if there were heat issues).  Sent it into Apple who replaced
the motherboard.  It was fine until just out of repair warrantee,
then glodded again...  :(

Now I just use it for fun and never on the internet.

Nicole