[Duo2400] Re: Glod survey

tom bonacci bonacci at ascend.com
Thu Aug 28 14:12:32 PDT 2003

I've experienced a couple of near but recoverable GLODs.  I'm wondering
if there may be something to this:  I believe, but am not sure, that
there was something common to my two near GLODs.  I had been using the
PB with the power adapter and put it to sleep immediately after
unplugging it.  When trying to wake it, it GLODed.  Both times it
recovered after removing the battery, pressing the reset (for a while),
and re-booting w/power.  As far as I know, I've never GLODed if the PB
is put to sleep after running on the battery for a while.  Can it be
that the power manager gets confused if sleep is induced too quickly
after a power source change?

question:  has anyone experienced a GLOD when restarting from a shutdown
(and not just waking from sleep)?

-tom