Glod survey

Parkblue parkblue at gmx.net
Thu Aug 28 22:36:43 PDT 2003

on 29.08.03 02:07, Duo/2400 List at DuoList at lists.themacintoshguy.com wrote:

> I thought I'd expand the survey. For those who have had it happen,
> do you have any theories on why (excess sleep, plugging/unplugging
> the power supply while on, etc.) it happened? Has anyone had it
> happen after DT&T replaced the IO Board? Obviously those new to the
> 2400 wouldn't really know.

It's interesting that both of my GLODs occurred during or after airline
travel: my 2300 gave up directly after a Miami-Munich-flight. That route my
Powerbooks travel about three times a year, means six times x-raying. My
2400 gave up during a Dulles-Munich-flight.

Statistically not significant enough to point to x-raying though, I suppose.

After the board replacement - 2300 by Apple in Munich, first estimate around
$500, then all of a sudden free of any charge, 2400 by DT&T - it did not
reoccur.

-tobias.