FS: Prototype Duo 280 and Duo 230 Engineering Sample.

Gregg Eshelman g_alan_e at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 30 21:42:41 PDT 2003

See more info at http://home.rmci.net/gregg1/

FOR SALE ONLY AS A PACKAGE DEAL!
I will not sell any piece of this equipment
seperately. This is all the PowerBook Duo stuff
I have and I do not have any interest in getting any
more Duo items. I will consider trades,
possibly for something like a Beige G3 Desktop or
Tower, (B or later ROM only) or
maybe a PPC PowerBook. Make me an offer I can't
refuse. :-)

Apple Prototype, Engineering Sample and other
pre-production hardware is rare, as any
collector of such knows. I've searched the web and
found nothing on prototype or sample
versions of the Duo series laptops other than the code
names Apple used for them.

One PowerBook Duo 230 Engineering Sample, One
PowerBook Duo 280 Yeager Prototype,
One PowerBook Duo AC adaptor, One Type 1 Duo battery,
One Type 3 Duo battery,
One Duo Dock 1 with Farallon NuBus network card with
RJ45 & AUI ports.
The batteries accept a full charge and appear to be in
good condition.

Since these laptops are pre-production units, they may
not work with all of the software
that a regular production Duo 230 or Duo 280 will. No
guarrantee on the batteries or
anything else. It is apparent that they were taken
apart several times during the time they
were being used for testing.

The Duo Dock appears to be a regular production item.

Shipping will be the actual shipping charge which
depends on the buyer's location and
choice of shipping company. Please note that a Duo
Dock is not a flyweight piece of
equipment. :-)

=====
"When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins." Hiro Protagonist