[Duo2400] SCSI reader

wayne ingalls ingallsw at frontiernet.net
Tue Dec 2 19:18:03 PST 2003

Craig wrote:

> NOW that I have the lil' Minolta external PCMCIA reader for my Duo
> 2300c...
> WHAT CAN I DO WITH IT?!? (Other than get a CF card+adapter and use it
> as a
> HD?)

You could always use it as a PC card reader   :-p

> Can I use a PC card modem? Ethernet??

No and no. I tried using mine with a PC card modem, it didn't work.
 From my experience, you can use it as a card reader only.

> How about any other type of card to use as a HD, like a Newton-type
> memory
> card?

I would imagine that any PCMCIA memory card would work
or any compact flash card with adapter will work too.

I don't know if you could boot off of a memory card, but at
least you can use it for storage space.

It's a good card reader and it's a lot faster than trying to use a
serial cable to transfer images from a digital camera. You need
a built in PC card slot, such as the ones found on 2400s or 1400s
to be able to use modems, ethernet cards, etc.

-wayne