For sale:2300c/UltraDock16sce/DuoDockII

christopher umbach umbach at ccmr.cornell.edu
Sun Dec 7 04:10:17 PST 2003

I have Duo items for sale and I will take any reasonable offer.  The
components are functional, but there are some defects that others
might think need repair, although I learned to live with them.   I am
willing to break the package up if there are no offers for the
components as a group.

1) Duo 2300c with 40 Meg memory, original 1.1 Gig disk, original
factory internal modem, OS 8.6.

2) Newertech UltraDock 16sce

3) Duo Dock II

Defects that you should know about:

a)The Duo 2300c screen has some kind of color mapping problem; colors
are inverted or altered.  The screen is readable but it is not good
for graphics/images; it is OK for word processing.  I have not looked
into repairing this.   This problem does not affect the video output
on the DuoDock II or on the UltraDock.  Since I used the Duo mostly
at work on the DuoDock and at home on the UltraDock and hardly ever
as a laptop, I wasn't bothered by the screen problem.

b)The Duo internal battery is dead, so the clock does not keep good time.

c)The Duo removable battery is the original and does not keep a charge.

d)The video output on the UltraDock is flaky at some resolutions
higher than 640x480

e) The video output on the Duo Dock has a loose connection; it works
most of the time.

I am the original owner on the 2300c and the UltraDock.  The Duo Dock
was purchased from a commercial reseller with a new power supply
installed.  I even have the key.

Items are located in Ithaca, NY.

I am happy to correspond about this on or off list.

Kit Umbach