Possessed PowerBook 2400c

Chuck Kenney kenneyc at mac.com
Thu Dec 11 19:17:09 PST 2003

I've decided my 2400c is possessed.

My track record so far:

1) Dissemble to upgrade hard drive, after assembly, blow fuse, creating
GLOD.
2) Disemble again to make sure all connections are good, in process,
incorrectly cardbus mod the board.
3) Repair blown fuse and partially repair cardbus mod attempt.  It boots,
but no bottom PCMCIA, and acts funny with 8.5 and up.
4) New logic board, everything is working great.
5) Left hinge snaps!

If anyone knows of a source for a left hinge or hinge set for less than the
$80 I'm finding online (I can get the entire LCD, LCD Case, and hinges
assembly for $150), I'm all ears.

If not, I'll get my step-dad to spot-weld the hinge.

I'd like to thank everyone for all of their help and support so far.  This
is been a learning experience for me, and everyone on the list that I've
heard from has been great.
--
Chuck Kenney
http://www.freefallsoftware.com/