[Duo2400] Possessed PowerBook 2400c

Chromiums chromiums at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 11 20:34:29 PST 2003

Chuck,

   You bought the logic board from me.  I have an entire lcd assembly for
$75 if you need it.  By hinge, you mean the metal "square" piece with
two screw holes, right?  Well, its the entire lcd, bezel, case, hinge,
and video ribbon to the logic board.  I'll even throw in a keyboard
free.  For $100 even, I'll also throw in the PMU board.
Let me know.

Lam

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 8:01pm, Chuck Kenney wrote:
> I've decided my 2400c is possessed.
>
> My track record so far:
>
> 1) Dissemble to upgrade hard drive, after assembly, blow fuse, creating
> GLOD.
> 2) Disemble again to make sure all connections are good, in process,
> incorrectly cardbus mod the board.
> 3) Repair blown fuse and partially repair cardbus mod attempt.  It
> boots,
> but no bottom PCMCIA, and acts funny with 8.5 and up.
> 4) New logic board, everything is working great.
> 5) Left hinge snaps!
>
> If anyone knows of a source for a left hinge or hinge set for less than
> the
> $80 I'm finding online (I can get the entire LCD, LCD Case, and hinges
> assembly for $150), I'm all ears.
>
> If not, I'll get my step-dad to spot-weld the hinge.
>

> I'd like to thank everyone for all of their help and support so far.
> This
> is been a learning experience for me, and everyone on the list that
> I've
> heard from has been great.
> --
> Chuck Kenney
> http://www.freefallsoftware.com/

> <DuoList-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <DuoList-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>
> ----------
> Dr. Bott  | 10/100 Ethernet for your 2400 is finally here!
> MPC-100   | <http://www.drbott.com/prod/mpc100.html>
>
>   RoadTools $30 PodiumPad available at Apple retail stores, $20
> Traveler
>   CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at
> <http://roadtools.com>
>
> Midwest Mac Parts  ][  <http://www.midwestmac.com>
> After-market parts  for Macs.   ][  888-356-1104 ][

> $879!
--chromiums
The box said Win 95 or better, so I got a Mac.