2400c: OS 8.6 or 9.x?

Robert Friede rlf9 at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 23 12:57:13 PST 2003

For years I've been happy using 8.6 plus SpeedDoubler in my Comet/G3
with 112MB RAM, but I'm curious about how fast it is in real-world use
vs 9.1 or 9.2 without SpeedDoubler. The Comet stays at home on my desk
and connects to the internet via my Airport network through a WaveLAN
Silver card, but has difficulty file-sharing with the OS X computers in
the house (that is, I have difficulty hooking it up correctly).

In general, if I won't take a speed hit by moving to 9.x, I'd like to
move ahead. Please, what's your experience and your advice? Thx.

Bob F