[Duo2400] The End for me?

Cheyanne & Randy bayoubuddies at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 23 15:30:47 PST 2003

Greg,

	A very good Christmas story.  Duo's are like that; they kinda' just
capture folks.  I've loaned or given away three of them and
occasionally browse eBay looking for deals to fix up and give to folks
whom I know need a decent computer.   I am thinking of sending off my
2300 at the moment.  It's hard to let go of 'em but it sure is neat to
see people who've never seen a Duo delighted   with them.  I had my
2300 along as a  game machine,  digital photo repository and to stay in
touch with home while I visited with an old college friend for a week
before his wedding a couple of years ago.  He and my 2300 had a
beautiful time together. :-)

	 He wrote recently, after running over his Clie, wanting a
recommendation about which laptop to get, thinking he should avoid palm
pilots for while.  He said something about me knowing more about
computer than most of his friends and he also knew that I would
recommend an Apple.  But, if I weren't recommending an Apple computer,
what would I recommend.

	That is sort of like asking your thoracic surgeon, "I know that you
usually use a scalpel and a laser for arterial grafts but if you were
to use a chainsaw and kitchen utensils, which ones would you use?"

	Maybe I should send him a Duo :-).

happy holidays,

Randy

--
Remember that when you leave this earth, you can take with you nothing
that you have received - only what you have given: a full heart

                 ~ St. Francis of Assisi ~

(1181-1226,  Italian Preacher, Founder of the Franciscan Orde)