2400c G3 Card questions

Chuck Kenney kenneyc at mac.com
Wed Dec 24 13:35:12 PST 2003

I just received a Newer Tech Nupowr G3 240 for the 2400c from another list
member (thanks!), and have a few questions.

The card has a lot of thermal paste/grease on it as I received it.  I know
that making a new layer is usually best for thermal transfer.  Do I need to
apply thermal grease only on the G3 die itself, or across the entire block
it is in, as well?  I'll be using the same stuff that Apple uses for the
G4s, if it makes a difference.
--
Chuck Kenney

FreeFall Software
http://www.freefallsoftware.com/

"you don't need more memory, you need minions"
                   -- monkey++ about me needing a faster G4