[Duo2400] Comet on 9.1--Revisited

Gregg Eshelman g_alan_e at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 27 18:01:26 PST 2003

--- Robert Friede <rlf9 at earthlink.net> wrote:
<clip>
> 2. updated to Mac OS 9.2.x which is more amenable to
> 2.0.4.

http://www.os9forever.com/ for OS9 Helper. You must
have both the update for 9.2.1 and 9.2.2, the .smi
files. I extracted the contents of them, trashed
the .smi files then had to go download them again
because the helper will only work with the .smi's. :P

> Now 9.2.x gobbles up even more RAM than 9.1, right?

Dunno about that, but it seems faster overall on my
7300/200, and for the NuBus Powermacs and clones,
Helper now also can patch in the NuBus resources from
9.1, which I haven't tried because the Radius is
doing fine on 9.1 and I don't want to muck around
with unsupported stuff when using Media 100.

=====
"You never have to repair or replace what you leave out of the design."
William "Bill" Powell Lear, inventor of the 8-Track tape and the Lear Jet.