Weird monitor prob w/ UltraDock

Peter Goertzen sprkplg82 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 4 11:58:40 PST 2003

Hi folks,

I have a strange problem with my Duo 2300c. I was
rebuilding the desktop the other day, and I must have
have hit some of the wrong keys during a restart. Now
the monitor shows only the desktop pattern when the
Duo is plugged into my Newer Technology UltraDock
16sce. I can see no icons, no menu bar, nothing but
the desktop pattern. It seems like the computer is
still functioning normally other than that--the cursor
works, and I can shut the machine down by hitting the
power button and return key, just like normal. It's as
if everything is there, just not where I can see it.
One other thing about the cursor; it seems to travel
beyond the right side of the screen, but stays within
its normal boundaries on all other sides.

All of this happens only when the Duo is plugged into
the UltraDock. It works just fine by itself or with a
micro dock.

Could it have something to do with video mirroring? It
won't let me change any of the video mirroring
settings.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Pete G.